LOOKING FOR a Policy Consultant excited to sign up with Clean Energy Canada’s policy group, add to its efforts to advance Canada’s economy through the tidy energy shift, and grow your profession in our difficult and collective environment. You are a self-starter, excited to discover, and up for the job of preserving and advancing our high requirements for research study, information analysis, and policy development.
Reporting to the Tidy Economy Program Supervisor, the Policy Consultant is accountable for working carefully with coworkers throughout the company to support policy and advocacy efforts to make it possible for Canada’s shift to a tidy energy future.
Functions and duties
- Assistance the collection, company, analysis, and analysis of information throughout various environment and financial locations.
- Assistance the analysis of financial analysis and modelling, consisting of dealing with employee and specialists to specify circumstances and presumptions.
Policy and advocacy:
- Developing competence in brand-new locations, the Policy Consultant will perform policy analysis on tidy economy and tidy energy services, with a present concentrate on commercial decarbonization and decarbonization of the electrical power grid.
- Undertake research study and composing for reports, policy briefs, discussions, and so on
- Deal with federal governments and political leaders of all stripes to advance Tidy Energy Canada’s policy objectives.
- Add to research study and composing for public reports.
- Contribute analysis and research study to news release, op-eds, and blog sites.
Assembling, stakeholder engagement, and collaborations:
- Engage with federal governments, organizations, and other civil society groups to discover locations of commonalities on tidy economy-related policies or problems; recognize and perform tactical assembling chances to support policy advancement.
- Enthusiastically add to discussions about Tidy Energy Canada’s work and position on tidy economy policies and problems at industry-led conferences and occasions.
Education and experience requirements
- Needed university degree in an appropriate location such as public law, economics, ecological sciences, and so on
- 2 to 4 years of appropriate experience in an associated field.
The perfect prospect is:
- Analytical with strong quantitative abilities and tested work experience in assisting gather, arrange, examine, and translate information. Understanding of financial analysis, modelling, and experience in appropriate software application is a possession.
- Fluent in decarbonization paths for Canada’s economy, with understanding of decarbonization in the commercial, energy, and farming sectors a possession.
- Remarkable and effective; able to efficiently handle and perform jobs, and triage top priorities with precision and attention to information.
- An efficient communicator with strong discussion abilities, capability to compose internal and external rundown notes, perform research study, and distribute complicated details in easy language.
- Comfy with a collective working design and able to construct and keep relationships with coworkers throughout the company along with in market and federal government.
- The policy consultant reports to the Tidy Economy Program Supervisor.
- Position is based in the Toronto or Ottawa locations with versatility to work from house approximately 3 days a week.
- Some travel is needed for federal government relations, stakeholder conferences, and occasions (less than 10% of work).
Tidy Energy Canada uses a competitive wage, holiday, and health advantages plan.
How to Use
If you believe this position seems like a terrific suitable for you, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by March 20, 2023, following these directions:
- Format your resume and cover letter as a single PDF file utilizing this calling convention:
- Limitation your cover letter to no greater than 2 pages and resolve it to Ollie Sheldrick, Program Supervisor– Tidy Economy. Please show how you found out of this chance.
Applications will be thought about as they are gotten. Clean Energy Canada is an equal-opportunity company. While we value all expressions of interest, just those candidates chosen for an interview will be gotten in touch with.
About Clean Energy Canada
Tidy Energy Canada is an environment and tidy energy program within the Morris J. Wosk Centre for Discussion at Simon Fraser University We work to speed up Canada’s tidy energy shift by sharing the story of the international shift to renewable resource sources and tidy innovation. We perform initial research study, assemble prominent discussions, notify policy management, and construct person engagement.